Posts Tagged ‘employment costs’

Private-sector compensation costs near $28/hour

by Published: September 9,2010

Tags: employment, employment costs, jobs

WASHINGTON — Private industry employers spent an average of $27.64 per hour worked for employee compensation in June 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. Wages and salaries averaged $19.53 per hour worked and accounted for 70.6 percent of these costs, while benefits averaged $8.11 and accounted for the remaining 29.4 percent. Total compensation […] [...]

Compensation costs edge up

by Published: February 1,2010

Tags: employment costs

Compensation costs for civilian workers increased 0.5 percent, seasonally adjusted, for the three-month period ending Dec. 2009, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. Both components of compensation — wages and salaries (which make up about 70 percent of compensation) and benefits (which make up the remaining 30 percent of compensation) — increased the same […] [...]

Recent Posts


Should the IHL reconsider its position on firing Dan Jones as chancellor at the University of Mississippi?

View Results

The MBJ poll should not be considered a scientific one. Results reflect only the opinion of those who participate.

Loading ... Loading ...

Recent Comments