JACKSON — Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC has been ranked among the top law firms in the country in the 2010 edition of American Lawyer’s Associates Survey. This annual listing ranks law firms as workplaces based on feedback from mid-level associates-attorneys in their third, fourth or fifth years of law practice. Of the […] [...]
Posts Tagged ‘workplace’
If the credit markets don’t kill the economy, March Madness might. The NCAA Basketball Tournament started last Thursday, an annual event that ushers in the beginning of spring and the demise of laser-focused productivity at businesses across the U.S. Break rooms turn into betting parlors, with employees examining their brackets, plunging into office pools […] [...]
JACKSON — Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, has been ranked 77th on Fortune’s 13th-annual “100 Best Companies to Work For” list. The law firm is the smallest company to be named to the list. “To be named among such a select group of companies is truly an honor for Baker Donelson,” said Ben […] [...]
JACKSON — Accounting Today magazine has named BKD, LLP, for the second consecutive year to the “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” in 2009. “Receiving this distinction two years in a row isn’t a fluke, but rather a reflection on BKD’s ‘people first’ focus,” said Neal Spencer, CEO of BKD. BKD was among firms from […] [...]
OXFORD — The Chronicle of Higher Education has named the University of Mississippi (UM) to its Honor Roll of Great Colleges to Work For. In making the Honor Roll, Ole Miss joined nine other four-year institutions: Cornell, Duke, Emory, George Mason, Lamar, Hardin-Simmons and Webster universities, as well as Georgia Tech and Notre Dame. “We’re […] [...]
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Entergy Corporation ups earnings expectations
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- USM-Gulf Park sets new graduate enrollment record
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S. | Black in Mississippi on Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Sawtimber and pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain | Forest Business Network on Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Entergy Corporation ups earnings expectations | Black in Mississippi on Entergy Corporation ups earnings expectations
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities | Black in Mississippi on Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases… | NextOff on TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more