CNN Money has this year’s list of the technology industry’s highest-paid CEOs. The top three spots this year were snagged by Oracle’s Larry Ellison ($96.2 million), Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer ($36.6 million) and eBay’s John Donahoe ($29.7 million).
According to CNN Money, Larry Ellison only earns an annual salary of $1 but after cash compensation and stock options he’s not only the top tech earner but the highest-paid of all CEOs. Ellison co-founded the Redwood, California-based Oracle in the late 1970s and turned it into a world-leader in computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.
Marissa Mayer was Google’s first female engineer but traded in her career at the search engine giant in 2012 to become chief executive for rival company Yahoo! Inc. Mayer earned $35 million in stock options and another million in cash compensation. In addition to her job change, Mayer had her first child in 2012 and was named one of Fortune’s top 20 most powerful businesswomen.
Internet retailer eBay’s chief executive John Donahoe joined the company in 2005 and replaced outgoing CEO Meg Whitman three years later. Donahoe earned $25.7 in stock options and a $4 million cash compensation. During his tenure, Donahoe has overseen eBay’s acquisition of companies like Shopping.com, StubHub and Gumtree.
The remaining nine highest-paid tech CEOs include:
4) Marc Benioff, Salesforce.com ($22 million)
5) Randall Stephenson, AT&T ($21 million)
6) Paul Jacobs, Qualcomm, ($20.7 million)
7) Paul Otellini, Intel ($18.9 million)
8) John Coyne, Western Digital ($17.2 million)
9) John Tucci, EMC, ($16.6 million)
10) Meg Whitman, Hewlett-Packard ($15.4 million)
11) Ginni Rometty, IBM ($15.4 million)
12) Scott McGregor, Broadcom ($15.1 million)