This publication will rank companies doing business in Mississippi based on the results of a completed survey explaining how safety is implemented in that company’s workplace, how positive results of a well-managed workers’ compensation program are achieved, and how successful worker recovery is realized.
Final rankings will be based on results from the completed survey to be done by the nominee listed below. This survey will be emailed after the nomination has been received. Surveys must be completed by November 30, 2018 in order to qualify.
Information submitted will be completely confidential.
The program is open to all companies who meet the following criteria:
• Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business.
• Be a publicly or privately held business.
• Have a facility in Mississippi.
• Have at least 3 full-time employees in Mississippi.
• Have current workers’ compensation coverage.
• Be in good standing with the Mississippi Secretary of State.
Based on the survey scores, two top winners will be named in each category per industry below.
• Mega-Large Companies (500 or more employees)
• Large Companies (200 – 499 employees)
• Medium Companies (50 – 199 employees)
• Small Companies (3 minimum to 49 employees)
The award winners and finalists will emerge through a panel of local and neighboring state health and safety experts.
At the end of the survey period, our panel will review data from all companies that participated and met the criteria to determine the rankings. Winners will then be revealed to the program administrators at the Mississippi Business Journal.
Surveys due by 11/30/2018 to qualify.