Home » Tag Archives: employment costs

Tag Archives: employment costs

Private-sector compensation costs near $28/hour

WASHINGTON — Private industry employers spent an average of $27.64 per hour worked for employee compensation in June 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. Wages and salaries averaged $19.53 per hour worked and accounted for 70.6 percent of these costs, while benefits averaged $8.11 and accounted for the remaining 29.4 percent. Total compensation costs for state and local ...

Read More »

Compensation costs edge up

Compensation costs for civilian workers increased 0.5 percent, seasonally adjusted, for the three-month period ending Dec. 2009, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. Both components of compensation — wages and salaries (which make up about 70 percent of compensation) and benefits (which make up the remaining 30 percent of compensation) — increased the same amount, 0.5 percent. Compensation costs ...

Read More »