AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has unveiled its 2009 SBA Mississippi Small Business Award winners. The SBA will honor its 2009 the winners during a dinner reception June 16 at the Mississippi e-Center @ JSU in Jackson. Registration starts at 5:30 p.m.
Business leaders and government representatives will join SBA’s Mississippi District director Janita R. Stewart in congratulating Mississippi’s best entrepreneurs and business advocates. In addition to the State Small Business Person of the Year, men and women involved in government procurement, small business champions as well as partners in financial and entrepreneurial development will be honored.
The 2009 SBA Mississippi Small Business Award winners are:
• Small Business Person of the Year — Richard A. Moore, president, Eyevox Film & Video Production, Ridgeland
• Home-Base Business Champion — Shirley T. McLendon, owner, Mi-Da Maps, Hernando
• Women in Business Champion — Mary Canavan Werner, president, Tupelo Manufacturing, Tupelo
• Veteran Small Business Champion — Charles E. Harkless Jr., project manager, SJB Group, LLC, Jackson
• Small Business Exporter (Team) — Erin N. Hayne, owner and designer, and Nuno Goncalves Ferreira, founder and designer, Visual Reference Studio, Jackson
• Minority Small Business Champion — Cathye Ross-Amos, owner, Ross Business Partnerships, LLC, Gulfport
• Small Business Journalist — John J. Woods, freelance writer, Magnolia Outdoor Communications, Clinton
• Financial Services Champion — Thelman Larry Anderson, Director, Resources Division, Central Mississippi Planning and Development District, Jackson
• Entrepreneurial Success — Celeste Foster O’Keefe, CEO, The Dancel Group, D’Iberville
The 2009 SBA Mississippi Small Business Awards Reception is made available through the support of Northrop Grumman Corporation. Small business entrepreneurs, business advocates, and public citizens are encouraged to attend the event.
There is no cost to attend; however, seating is limited. RSVP by June 12 to the SBA Mississippi District Office at (601) 965-4378, ext. 11 or 18, or e-mail to Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosetta.email@example.com.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info