AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Five Mississippi communities were honored at the Mississippi Economic Development Council (MEDC) Winter Conference for their efforts to advance their economic viability through economic and community development programs during the past year. They competed with others in their population categories.
The winners are:
• Category I – population less than 5,000: City of Ellisville for The Landing of GE Aviation
• Category II – population of 5,001-15,000: City of Natchez for the Natchez Trails Project
• Category III – population of 15,001-40,000: City of Pascagoula for Arbor Square
• Category IV – population of 40,001-100,000: Hancock County Community Development Foundation for the Hancock County Job Generation Fund
• Category V – population over 100,000: Mississippi State University Center for Advanced Vehicular Studies Extension for the “Enhancing On-the-Job Problem Solving” Training Program
The winners will go on to compete with entries from 16 Southern states for the Southern Economic Development Council’s regional awards.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info