MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has issued water contact advisories for five sampling stations.
These segments of beach are not closed; however, there may be an increased risk of illness associated with swimming in these areas.
The affected stations are:
• Station 1 — Lakeshore (from the Silver Slipper to the jetty near Poinset)
• Station 2 — Buccaneer State Park (near State Park Road)
• Station 3 — Waveland (from Oak Boulevard to Farve Street)
• Station 5 — Pass Christian West (from Fort Henry Avenue to Elliot Street)
• Station 10B — East Courthouse Road Beach (from Courthouse Road east to
Stations 4 and 10 remain on advisories already issued.
One advisory has been lifted. It is Station 8 at Gulfport West, which extends from Marie Avenue east to Camp Avenue.
BEFORE YOU GO…
… we’d like to ask for your support. More people are reading the Mississippi Business Journal than ever before, but advertising revenues for all conventional media are falling fast. Unlike many, we do not use a pay wall, because we want to continue providing Mississippi’s most comprehensive business news each and every day. But that takes time, money and hard work. We do it because it is important to us … and equally important to you, if you value the flow of trustworthy news and information which have always kept America strong and free for more than 200 years.
If those who read our content will help fund it, we can continue to bring you the very best in news and information. Please consider joining us as a valued member, or if you prefer, make a one-time contribution.Click for more info