Sullivan has new book
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2012
Charles L. Sullivan, archivist and professor emeritus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, has a new book. “Gulf Coast Album: A Journey in Historic Photographs 1899-2011, From New Orleans Across the Mississippi Gulf Coast to Mobile” provides the history buff the opportunity to relive some great moments and revisit memorable places along the Gulf Coast.
Sullivan spent seven years researching and writing captions for the book. He looked through more than 46,000 photographs, transparencies, slides and negatives, mostly from the college archives’ two major resources, the Dixie Press Collection and the C.C. “Tex” Hamill Down South Magazine Collection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game