Woman arrested, accused of selling counterfeit goods
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 18,2014
Tags: arrest, Attorney General's Office, CD, Consumer Protection Division, counterfeit, crime, DVD, Homeland Security, Jim Hood, law, law enforcement, legal, Mildred Jones, North Mississippi Narcotics Unit, Operation Knock Out Knock Offs, Pontotoc Sheriff's Office, Tupelo Police Department
PONTOTOC — A woman has been arrested for selling and producing counterfeit DVD’s in the Tupelo area, according to Attorney General Jim Hood.
Mildred Jones, 49 of Pontotoc, was arrested after a traffic stop on McCullough Boulevard, within the city limits of Tupelo, led to a large stash of allegedly counterfeit CD/DVD’s. Tips from the general public resulted in the undercover operations where Jones is alleged to have been selling counterfeit goods across the Lee/Pontotoc Mississippi area.
Investigators with the Attorney General’s Operation Knock Out Knock Offs task force seized approximately $ 50,000 in alleged counterfeited copyrighted material from Jones.
Law enforcement agents from the Attorney General’s Office Consumer Protection Division, Tupelo Police Department, Pontotoc County Sheriff’s Office, North Mississippi Narcotics Unit and Homeland Security Investigations all assisted in the investigation and arrest.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)