RE/MAX: Winter storms chill U.S. home sales
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
DENVER — As the result of unusually strong winter storms, January home sales fell lower while prices continued a trend of double-digit increases, according to the RE/MAX National Housing Report.
Winter storms that impacted many regions of the country caused numerous delays or cancellations of closings, bringing home sales 7.1 percent lower than one year ago.
With the rate of sales in January, the months supply of inventory fell to 5.3 months. On a yearly basis, the January inventory marked the 10th consecutive month with fewer losses than the previous month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)