RE/MAX: Winter storms chill U.S. home sales
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
DENVER — As the result of unusually strong winter storms, January home sales fell lower while prices continued a trend of double-digit increases, according to the RE/MAX National Housing Report.
Winter storms that impacted many regions of the country caused numerous delays or cancellations of closings, bringing home sales 7.1 percent lower than one year ago.
With the rate of sales in January, the months supply of inventory fell to 5.3 months. On a yearly basis, the January inventory marked the 10th consecutive month with fewer losses than the previous month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'