Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
JACKSON — Jack B. Self, a long-time executive with Cal-Maine Foods Inc., has died. He was 84.
Self served as the company’s vice president of operations-production, and had been an employee of Cal-Maine Foods since 1968.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “All of us at Cal-Maine Foods are deeply saddened by the death of our good friend and colleague, Jack Self. He has been a valued member of the Cal-Maine Foods family for over 46 years and played an important role in the company’s growth and development. More importantly, Jack served as a great mentor and teacher to many of us throughout the company. He was also well respected in our industry and has built a legacy that will survive him in the years to come. During the coming days, our prayers and support will be with Jack’s family.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'