Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 19,2014
JACKSON — Jack B. Self, a long-time executive with Cal-Maine Foods Inc., has died. He was 84.
Self served as the company’s vice president of operations-production, and had been an employee of Cal-Maine Foods since 1968.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “All of us at Cal-Maine Foods are deeply saddened by the death of our good friend and colleague, Jack Self. He has been a valued member of the Cal-Maine Foods family for over 46 years and played an important role in the company’s growth and development. More importantly, Jack served as a great mentor and teacher to many of us throughout the company. He was also well respected in our industry and has built a legacy that will survive him in the years to come. During the coming days, our prayers and support will be with Jack’s family.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Self, Cal-Maine executive, dies at 84”
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast