Senate approves sales tax break for outdoor enthusiasts
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 27,2014
JACKSON — The Senate has passed a sales tax holiday to encourage sportsmen to purchase firearms and hunting supplies in Mississippi.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves says Senate Bill 2425 gives sports enthusiasts a sales tax break on firearms, ammunition, hunting supplies and fishing supplies purchased the first weekend of September. Louisiana has a similar holiday.
“This tax break is for Mississippians who enjoy outdoor sports and encourages more citizens to participate in outdoor shooting sports,” Reeves said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur