Senate approves sales tax break for outdoor enthusiasts
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 27,2014
JACKSON — The Senate has passed a sales tax holiday to encourage sportsmen to purchase firearms and hunting supplies in Mississippi.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves says Senate Bill 2425 gives sports enthusiasts a sales tax break on firearms, ammunition, hunting supplies and fishing supplies purchased the first weekend of September. Louisiana has a similar holiday.
“This tax break is for Mississippians who enjoy outdoor sports and encourages more citizens to participate in outdoor shooting sports,” Reeves said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen