Senate approves sales tax break for outdoor enthusiasts
by MBJ Staff
Published: February 27,2014
JACKSON — The Senate has passed a sales tax holiday to encourage sportsmen to purchase firearms and hunting supplies in Mississippi.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves says Senate Bill 2425 gives sports enthusiasts a sales tax break on firearms, ammunition, hunting supplies and fishing supplies purchased the first weekend of September. Louisiana has a similar holiday.
“This tax break is for Mississippians who enjoy outdoor sports and encourages more citizens to participate in outdoor shooting sports,” Reeves said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love