Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
Published: March 6,2014
CLINTON — The federal government has filed a complaint seeking to bar a Jackson-area tax preparer from preparing federal tax returns for others.
The U.S. Department of Justice said that a civil injunction complaint was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi against Kavivah Branson, also known as Kavivah Bradley, and her business, Branson Tax Service.
The complaint alleges that Branson, of Clinton, prepares federal income tax returns for customers that understate the tax actually due.
The Justice Department says given the number of returns Branson has prepared since 2009, her alleged actions could result in millions of dollars of tax harm to the United States.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow