Tournament officials hire full-time staff, move headquarters
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 18,2014
MADISON — Century Club Charities, host organization for the Sanderson Farms Championship, along with title sponsor, Sanderson Farms, has hired a full-time tournament staff.
The hiring reflects one change among many for the championship, including Sanderson Farms’ three-year contract as title sponsor, a purse increase of $1 million and a date change from July to November.
John Mercer is the director of sales. Mercer previously worked for Mizuno, host communications, advertising sales and sponsorship sales at the University of South Alabama. He graduated from Millsaps College where he was a four-year starting pitcher and Conference Pitcher of year in 1995.
Jonah Beck is the director of operations. Previously, Beck worked with Arena Football and the American Junior Golf Association, where he was vice president of tournament operations. He graduated from Ft. Hays State in Kansas where he was captain of the golf team.
Renee D’Agostino is tournament services manager. D’Agostino has worked extensively in golf, including stops in Nevada, California, Annandale Golf Club, Colonial Country Club-Deerfield, and with the tournament now known as the Sanderson Farms Championship since 2008. D’Agostino attended Illinois State University and the University of Nevada Las Vegas.
Diana Gustafson is tournament events coordinator. Gustafson has worked as a tournament events coordinator for Octagon, the BMW Championship, Hyundai Tournament of Champions and the Farmers Insurance Open. A marathoner and Habitat for Humanity volunteer, she graduated from the University of Illinois.
In addition to the hiring of a full-time staff, the tournament headquarters has moved from Whisper Lake in Madison to 576 Highland Colony Parkway in Ridgeland.
The 2014 Sanderson Farms Championship will be held from Nov. 3-9 at Annandale Golf Club in Madison.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- MARK BLACKWELL: Cyber security insurance perhaps?