Dan Carney returns home from Afghanistan
Dan Carney, lead electrician with the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District, operations and maintenance branch, recently returned from a 13-month deployment to Kabul, Afghanistan. This was his third tour in four years in support of Overseas Contingency Operations/Operation Enduring Freedom. Most recently, Carney was stationed at Camp Phoenix where he was assigned to the Kabul Area Office as the lead contracting officer representative (COR)/facility manager.
He was awarded the NATO Medal, the Commander’s Award for Civilian Service Medal, and the Secretary of Defense Medal for the Global War on Terrorism.
Carney is a native of Alexandria, La., and is married to the former Tina Bordelon of Alexandria.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Dan Carney returns home from Afghanistan”
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations