Five injured when cranes collapse at VT Halter Marine
Published: June 26,2014
PASCAGOULA — Jackson County EOC director Earl Etheridge says two cranes collapsed at the VT Halter Marine shipyard in Pascagoula shortly after 2 p.m. yesterday.
Etheridge told WLOX-TV that one of the cranes fell on top of a building.
Officials say five people were injured in the accident.
Etheridge says one person has been air lifted to USA Medical Center in Mobile, Alabama, and four others have been taken to Singing River Hospital.
Etheridge says Pascagoula Police and Fire departments and Acadian Ambulance responded to the accident and are working to clear the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training