Five injured when cranes collapse at VT Halter Marine
Published: June 26,2014
PASCAGOULA — Jackson County EOC director Earl Etheridge says two cranes collapsed at the VT Halter Marine shipyard in Pascagoula shortly after 2 p.m. yesterday.
Etheridge told WLOX-TV that one of the cranes fell on top of a building.
Officials say five people were injured in the accident.
Etheridge says one person has been air lifted to USA Medical Center in Mobile, Alabama, and four others have been taken to Singing River Hospital.
Etheridge says Pascagoula Police and Fire departments and Acadian Ambulance responded to the accident and are working to clear the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing