Four arrested for involvement in counterfeit money ring
Published: July 2,2014
Tags: arrest, counterfeit, crime, David Alton Wade, Jones County Sheriff's Department, Keith LeRoy, law, law enforcement, legal, Leland G. Wade, Little General Store, Melissa Michelle McBride-Creel, Shawn Donella Wade
OVETT — Four people are now in custody in the investigation of a counterfeit money ring in Jones County.
Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Keith LeRoy says officers are looking for a fifth suspect.
LeRoy tells The Chronicle the four people arrested on forgery charges are Shawn Donella Wade, David Alton Wade, Leland G. Wade and Melissa Michelle McBride-Creel, all of Ovett.
LeRoy says investigators believe the ring has been operating since January.
He says nearly $3,000 of counterfeit money has been seized so far.
LeRoy says officers were alerted to the ring when someone tried to use a fake bill at the Little General Store in Ovett. He says another counterfeit bill was also used to buy two tires and two rims from a private individual.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss