Four arrested for involvement in counterfeit money ring
Published: July 2,2014
Tags: arrest, counterfeit, crime, David Alton Wade, Jones County Sheriff's Department, Keith LeRoy, law, law enforcement, legal, Leland G. Wade, Little General Store, Melissa Michelle McBride-Creel, Shawn Donella Wade
OVETT — Four people are now in custody in the investigation of a counterfeit money ring in Jones County.
Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Keith LeRoy says officers are looking for a fifth suspect.
LeRoy tells The Chronicle the four people arrested on forgery charges are Shawn Donella Wade, David Alton Wade, Leland G. Wade and Melissa Michelle McBride-Creel, all of Ovett.
LeRoy says investigators believe the ring has been operating since January.
He says nearly $3,000 of counterfeit money has been seized so far.
LeRoy says officers were alerted to the ring when someone tried to use a fake bill at the Little General Store in Ovett. He says another counterfeit bill was also used to buy two tires and two rims from a private individual.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen