Four arrested for involvement in counterfeit money ring
Published: July 2,2014
Tags: arrest, counterfeit, crime, David Alton Wade, Jones County Sheriff's Department, Keith LeRoy, law, law enforcement, legal, Leland G. Wade, Little General Store, Melissa Michelle McBride-Creel, Shawn Donella Wade
OVETT — Four people are now in custody in the investigation of a counterfeit money ring in Jones County.
Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Keith LeRoy says officers are looking for a fifth suspect.
LeRoy tells The Chronicle the four people arrested on forgery charges are Shawn Donella Wade, David Alton Wade, Leland G. Wade and Melissa Michelle McBride-Creel, all of Ovett.
LeRoy says investigators believe the ring has been operating since January.
He says nearly $3,000 of counterfeit money has been seized so far.
LeRoy says officers were alerted to the ring when someone tried to use a fake bill at the Little General Store in Ovett. He says another counterfeit bill was also used to buy two tires and two rims from a private individual.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years