Roy Anderson earns three Coast construction contracts
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 16,2014
GULFPORT — Roy Anderson Corp. (RAC) has won three construction contracts for projects on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort, D’Iberville
Owner: Land Holdings One / Contract Value: approx. $122 million
Scope of work: Construction of a 15-story, 300-room hotel with 61,000 sf of gaming space. The hotel tower will include 234 typical guest rooms, 56 suites and ten penthouse suites. The resort will include multiple restaurants, retail space, an event center, pool area, and miniature golf course. Construction is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2014 with substantial completion expected in late 2015. The contract value will be included as part of the Company’s reported second-quarter backlog.
DuPont Bulk Handling Facility – Relocation Project, Gulfport
Owner: Mississippi State Port Authority / Total Construction Value: approx. $77.5 million
Scope of work: Pre-construction and construction management services to provide ship-to-storage receiving conveyor systems, vertical storage capability (up to 15 new silos for total capacity of 220,000 tons of ilmenite ore and coke), and storage-to-rail or truck load-out conveyor systems. The project will include management of all civil, mechanical, structural, electrical and all other work systems to provide a fully operational facility. Construction is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2014 with a substantial completion expected by June 2016. This construction management contract will be executed under a joint venture between Roy Anderson Corp. and Yates Construction.
Design-Build Renovation of Buildings 1 & 2 at VA Medical Center, Biloxi
Owner: Veterans Administration / Contract Value: approx. $31.1 million
Scope of work: Complete renovation of Buildings 1 and 2, comprising a total of 135,200 gsf. Work will include complete demolition of existing spaces, upgrading interior utilities, including replacement of HVAC, electrical, and chilled water systems. Construction is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2014 with substantial completion expected in January 2017. The contract value is expected to be included as part of the Company’s reported third-quarter backlog.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years