Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
Published: July 31,2014
LOUISVILLE — State Sen. Giles Ward, a Republican from Louisville, has announced he will not seek a third term in state Senate.
Ward made announcement yesterday in a speech at the Neshoba County Fair.
The 66-year-old Ward represents Senate District 18, which is comprised of all of Leake and Neshoba counties and a part of Winston County.
Ward is chairman of the Senate Wildlife Committee. He was elected to the Senate in 2007 after having served five terms as a member of the Louisville Board of Alderman. He was re-elected in 2011.
Before his election to the Senate, Ward worked 33 years as a regional manager with Georgia-Pacific Corporation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds