Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2014
HATTIESBURG — Georgia-Pacific, LLC and SPG Holdings, LLC have completed the previously announced acquisition of SPG by Georgia-Pacific.
Financial details of the agreement are not being disclosed.
As a result of the acquisition, Georgia-Pacific acquired all of the equity of SPG held by investors in the company including CIC Partners, a Dallas-based middle market private equity firm that has been the lead investor in the company since 2011.
The acquisition includes SPG’s three manufacturing facilities in Hattiesburg; Green Bay, Wisconsin; and Augusta, Georgia; as well as a sales and administrative office in Dallas. Operated by approximately 500 employees, SPG and its facilities now become a wholly owned subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific in the acquisition. Jefferies, LLC acted as the exclusive financial advisor to SPG Holdings, LLC in connection with this transaction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast