Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2014
HATTIESBURG — Georgia-Pacific, LLC and SPG Holdings, LLC have completed the previously announced acquisition of SPG by Georgia-Pacific.
Financial details of the agreement are not being disclosed.
As a result of the acquisition, Georgia-Pacific acquired all of the equity of SPG held by investors in the company including CIC Partners, a Dallas-based middle market private equity firm that has been the lead investor in the company since 2011.
The acquisition includes SPG’s three manufacturing facilities in Hattiesburg; Green Bay, Wisconsin; and Augusta, Georgia; as well as a sales and administrative office in Dallas. Operated by approximately 500 employees, SPG and its facilities now become a wholly owned subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific in the acquisition. Jefferies, LLC acted as the exclusive financial advisor to SPG Holdings, LLC in connection with this transaction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast