(UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2014
WARREN COUNTY — All westbound lanes of Interstate 20 in Warren County have reopened after a fire caused the closure of the interstate earlier this morning, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT).
MDOT reports a vehicle carrying hazardous material is on fire on I-20 eastbound before Bovina/ Tiffintown Road (Exit 11).
MDOT reported that westbound lanes have reopened in an email sent just after 9 a.m.
All eastbound lanes remain closed. First responders are on scene. Motorists should find alternate routes around this area, MDOT advises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'