(UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2014
WARREN COUNTY — All westbound lanes of Interstate 20 in Warren County have reopened after a fire caused the closure of the interstate earlier this morning, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT).
MDOT reports a vehicle carrying hazardous material is on fire on I-20 eastbound before Bovina/ Tiffintown Road (Exit 11).
MDOT reported that westbound lanes have reopened in an email sent just after 9 a.m.
All eastbound lanes remain closed. First responders are on scene. Motorists should find alternate routes around this area, MDOT advises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life