(UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2014
WARREN COUNTY — All westbound lanes of Interstate 20 in Warren County have reopened after a fire caused the closure of the interstate earlier this morning, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT).
MDOT reports a vehicle carrying hazardous material is on fire on I-20 eastbound before Bovina/ Tiffintown Road (Exit 11).
MDOT reported that westbound lanes have reopened in an email sent just after 9 a.m.
All eastbound lanes remain closed. First responders are on scene. Motorists should find alternate routes around this area, MDOT advises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training